Explore the underwater world from the surface, PADI Skin Diver Course
Who should take this course?
The PADI Skin Diver course teaches you how to make breath-hold dives to observe aquatic life, up close and personal. NB Divers let you know how to enjoy all the water you are going to dive in.
Recommend to :
- Who are interested in underwater activity without using scuba gear
- Who are interested in free diving and need an introductory course
- Who want to enjoy more than just snorkeling
Diver Prerequisites : Age 10 or older
Training Period : 2 DAYS
What will you learn?
- Knowledge Section
How to choose, adjust and use skin diving equipment / Basic safety guidelines for being in and around the water
Snorkeling and skin diving techniques
breathing method / checking buoyancy / surface swimming / stretching / equalizing / dive from the surface / efficient swim technique / underwater horizontal swim / fin kick / clearing water from your snorkel / safety rules, and so on
Open Water Dives (optional)
to use knowledge and skills that you’ve learnt and explore actual open water!
How can you start learning now?
- Fill out the Risk Acknowledgement form
- Exercise confined water dives at a scuba diving pool
- Go on an optional skin dive at a local dive site
- No necessary, but recommended materials to enjoy skin diving at diverse environments
- PADI Discover the Underwater World DVD
- The Snorkeler’s Field Guide
You use basic snorkeling equipment including a mask, snorkel, fins, and also may use snorkeling vest, exposure protection like a wet suit and dive weights as needed, especially in case of open water dives.
DAY 1 Knowledge Section #1 / Skin Diving Exercise #1
DAY 2 Knowledge Section #2 / Skin Diving Exercise #2
Open Water Skin Diving : Conduct during NB Divers tours at home and abroad
The PADI Skin Diver certification can be an introductory step to another courses! After this, you can choose the following options;
- Sign up for the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program
- Join the NB Divers' scuba diving tour
- Check the FAQ
Regular Lesson : ￦200,000 / Group Lesson : ￦300,000 / Private Lesson : ￦400,000
including : lesson fee, insurance, equipment rental, certification card fee
excluding : pool admission